Taxes, Customs and other Incentives
• 10 YEAR TAX HOLIDAY – Investors in the free zones are entitled to a 10-year tax holiday for profit and corporate tax and 100% reduction of personal income tax for a period of up to 10 years. Investors are exempt from payment of value added tax for import and trade of goods in the free zones. Additionally, investors are exempt from payment of customs duties for equipment, machines and spare parts.
• The land in the free zones in Macedonia is available under long-term lease for a period of up to 99 years at concessionary prices.
• Investors are exempt from paying utility taxes to the local municipality, and fees for land building permits .
• Free connection to natural gas, water and sewage network.
• The Government may support growth of capital investments and income with a return of 10% of investment costs in new machines and equipment, or investment in buildings and land up to a maximum of €1 million during a 5-year period.
|TAX||RATE IN THE ZONE||RATE OUTSIDE THE ZONE|
|Corporate Tax||0% up to 10 years||10%|
|Personal Income Tax||0% up to 10 years||10%|
|Value Added Tax||0%||18%|
|Excise Tax||0%||5% – 62%|
|PRODUCTS||RATE IN THE ZONE||RATE OUTSIDE THE ZONE|
|Equipment, machines and spare parts||0%||5% – 20%|